2020 MOA Canoe Race and Anything That Floats
Registration, Waiver and Release of Liability Form
I fully understand and acknowledge that:
- Outdoor recreational activities have inherent risks, dangers, and hazards.
- My participation in such activities may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to, bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, paralysis, death, or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
- These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of others, accidents, forces of nature, or other causes. These risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable and unforeseeable causes.
- By my participation in this activity, I hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race and Outdoorfest event organizers, facilitators, or other persons.
- Individuals must be at least 12 years old to boat alone.
- If accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age, the youngest age permitted to participate is 6 years of age.
- PFD’s are required to be worn by every boater and a Sound-Producing Device is required in every boat as per State Law.
I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives, and my heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify, the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race, Outdoorfest, its sponsors, organizers, and facilitators from any and all claims, actions, or losses, for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my participation in this event. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging, and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future, for the negligent acts or other conduct of the sponsors, organizers or facilitators of the Marianna Canoe Race and Anything That Floats and Outdoorfest.
I agree to wear a personal flotation device (PFD) in the manner intended and worn as per manufacturing specifications at all times while participating in the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race. Boating without a (PFD) is illegal in the month of April and an individual can be subject to a fine(s) by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
I acknowledge that boating and/or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is against state laws and the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race, Outdoorfest, its sponsors, organizers, and facilitators do not condone these actions. The Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race, its sponsors, organizers, facilitators, and/or property owners where the race takes place shall not be held liable in any way for my own and/or other individuals’ actions. These properties include any and all properties between the start and finish line areas.
I agree that any and all of those who sponsored, organized, or facilitated the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race shall not be responsible for equipment or property, whether lost, stolen, or damaged in any way.
I agree that I will not take any glass bottles or glass containers of any kind onto the properties and waterway that the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race and Outdoorfest takes place. I acknowledge that if I am caught with a glass bottle or glass container, that it will be confiscated and I may be removed from the property or waterway without refund. If I litter at any property or waterway where the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race and Outdoorfest takes place I acknowledge that I may be subject to a fine and also will immediately be removed from the property or waterway without refund.
I agree that I will be entirely responsible for myself, my property, and that I will conduct myself in a safe and responsible manner.
I agree to follow all local and state laws/regulations and acknowledge that any unlawful actions will not be tolerated and will result in immediate removal without refund from the properties and/or waterway where the Marianna Canoe and Anything That Floats Race and Outdoorfest takes place.
All individuals that enter the start and finish line areas shall pay an entry fee, read and sign this waiver form, wear a wrist band which will acknowledge the persons’ age which shall acknowledge the fact the payment was received and the waiver was properly signed.
IMPORTANT: When you click submit you will be taken to a separate, secure payment page where you can enter your credit card information.
Membership Information please call:
Jason: 724-579-0924 or Chad: 724-825-2883
Fishing Rules Violation and Fish/Game Law Violation please call:
Member Campsites & Non-Member Fishing Please Call for availability:
Jason: 724-579-0924 or Jonelle: 412-720-7692
Building and Grounds Rental:
*M.O.A. is a 501(c)3 non-profit *All donations made to M.O.A. are tax-deductible. “The official registration and financial information of Marianna Outdoorsmen Association may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.”